After our extended period of quiet we are pleased to announce the start swimming sessions at both Elswick and Killingworth. We have a whole program planned to get us back in to Autumn training ready for next year.
Elswick Sessions – as of the 7th September 2020
- Monday 7pm-8pm
- Friday 6pm-7pm
Killingworth Sessions – as of TBC
- Thursday 8:30 – 9:30pm – TBC
As with all things 2020 these sessions are brought to you with the necessary COVID prevention according to the government guidance, pool risk assessments and British Triathlon guidance :
- If anyone has symptoms they must stay at home and follow the guidance.
- Please clean your hands on entry to the building – sanitiser and hand washing facilities are available throughout.
- Please do not congregate before and after the session.
- Please queue to register and pay with 2m spacing.
- Swimmers should arrive ‘swim ready’ where possible to limit the time they spend in the changing rooms.
- Changing rooms are available and there will be limited shower use. Please spend as little time as possible in the changing areas.
- Lane capacity will strictly be 5 per lane.
- Social distancing should be adhered too in the facility and the water.
- You will be required to register with your name and address for each session – this is more or less what we were doing anyway with more details.
- Swimmers will walk around the poolside anti-clockwise and get a space keeping social distance.
- Swimmers will take off their outer clothing and leave it on the poolside
- Swimmers MUST have exited the water and be walking to the changing room before the hour slot is finished so the poolside is clear on the hour.
- When the session is over the swimmers will collect their kit and go into the changing rooms. Spending as little time as possible in there. A limited number of showers are available for a ‘rinse’.
- Swimmers will exit through the rear fire door between the 2 sets of toilets.
We have a strict limit of 20 people per session, until a more sophisticated system can be devised this will be managed on a first come first served basis with priority to members first then non members. This does mean that there may be the remote possibility that you don’t get a swim. We ARE investigating booking systems to solve this potential problem, but we feel that the MOST important thing is to get back swimming!
Payments and Prices
Prices remain at the pre lockdown bargain of £6 for Members, £7 for Non-Members. Contactless payment is preferred to reduce the handling of cash but if you have to please bring the right change.